Search This Blog

Friday, October 17, 2008

He has Seen the Light

These quotes from an ESPN interview will be a comfort for everyone who saw Arthur Blank as a meddling owner (which is pretty much everyone):

"I'm interested in building a long-term winning organization. There are some teams that have done that in the NFL and had success over time and we've studied those organizations and they have certain characteristics. One is that they keep their coaching staff together over a long period of time and they keep their general manager in place. They have a sense of patience about building their team and they stay the course of their plan."

"My role is to be a cheerleader for them and make sure Mike [Smith] and Thomas [Dimitroff] have the resources they need."

I think I speak for everyone when I say, THANK GOD! The Falcons organization has a chance!

Don't get me wrong, I've always had a soft spot for Blank, especially after the Rankin Smith line of asleep at the wheel owners. But he was getting a little too buddy-buddy with the players. Maybe he was taking the lead from Mora. But I think he's got it now!

2 comments:

MLT said...

I don't mind the friendliness with the players so long as they aren't committing felonies.

Really, just keeping a coach who knows what he is doing and a GM who is smart together is the best way for extended success.

In other words: the exact opposite of the Hawks right now. I'll go cry now...

Daniel said...

Why do you think I've been posting about the Falcons so much? They are actually pointed in the right direction. The only reason the Hawks did well is because we have so much accumulated talent from all the high draft picks that not even Woodson can keep all the talent down.