Search This Blog

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Artest is Crazy as Hell


I know this isn't an Atlanta sports topic, but I just had to share some quotes from Ron-Ron. He was responding to this quote from Yao:

"Hopefully, he's not fighting anymore and going after a guy in the stands."

A legitimate concern, especially considering Ron-Ron's response to the Sacramento Bee:

"I understand what Yao said, but I'm still ghetto," Artest said, according to the report. "That's not going to change. I'm never going to change my culture. Yao has played with a lot of black players, but I don't think he's ever played with a black player that really represents his culture as much as I represent my culture. Once Yao Ming gets to know me, he'll understand what I'm about."

Oh, he's not done yet...

"If you go back to the brawl, that's a culture issue right there," Artest added, according to the report. "Somebody was disrespecting me, so he's got to understand where I'm coming from. People that know me know that Ron Artest never changed."

Wow... just wow. Just be glad the Hawks didn't consider a sign and trade with the Kings. There! I worked the Hawks into this post.

2 comments:

MLT said...

If he wasn't so good at basketball, we'd probably still see him on TV. Is I Love New York still airing?

Daniel said...

He probably would be in prison for killing someone at this point if not for basketball.