Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Braves are kinda Depressing


So I got a message from Matt today that read, "Braves are being one-hit by Jason Marquis," and I don't know what was sadder. The fact that the Braves were indeed being one-hit by Jason Marquis through 4 innings, or that I didn't care.
At this point, as a fan, I've mailed in this Braves season. They simply don't have the horses to make any sort of run at the playoffs, and even if they did, I would fully expect the hottest player to come down with some season ending injury. That's just the sort of season we've had.
Our top two starters (Smoltz and Hudson) are out for a while, maybe forever for Smoltz. Glavine went on the DL for the first time in his 21 year career. Our top three relievers from last year (Soriano, Gonzalez, and Moylan) all missed significant amounts of time. Franceour stunk up the joint at the plate. Due to all of the above, we then traded Tex. And to top it all off the rock in the announcing booth, Skip Carey, died, may he rest in peace. I don't know if anything else can go wrong.
Therefore I have checked out of the Braves season. Someone tell me when I can start talking about offseason trades.

1 comment:

MLT said...

you wrote them off too early. you missed the best games of the season yesterday!

wait, this isn't a cubs blog. oh. damn.